NHS dentistry – infection prevention control
Yesterday, the NHS confirmed that Government infection prevention control measures will continue to be in place in health settings from Monday 19 July, including in NHS dentistry. We are grateful to the British Dental Association for their help in amplifying this message yesterday.
Today, NHS England has issued this bulletin to the profession: http://createsend.com/t/d-6CE5D3B494C6057F2540EF23F30FEDED
Some of the key pieces of information in the bulletin are:
- Further confirmation that IPC remains in place from Monday 19 July
- Updates to NHS dentistry’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Withdrawal of the UDC SOP
- Note for the avoidance of doubt on phased courses of treatment
- Suggested messaging for practices to use with patients which explains why NHS dentistry retains public health measures post-19 July (pdf attached for ease)
- Patient facing communications materials including a new official NHS poster and social media card (can be found online here: https://coronavirusresources.phe.gov.uk/nhs-resources-facilities/resources/nhs-IPC-resources/)
Follow the links to access the information.
There are currently no comments
Please log in to leave comments
If you are not yet a member you can register here: Member Registration