The British Society of Dental Hygiene & Therapy welcomes members who are dental hygienists, dental hygienist-therapists and students.
BSDHT is a major organisation within dentistry that exists to represent your interests. For example, representatives of the BSDHT maintain an ongoing dialogue
with the General Dental Council (GDC), the Departments of Health and all the main groups representing dental care professionals. BSDHT attends meetings
of the dental All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG), bringing dental hygiene and therapy to the attention of government ministers and MPs.
Or, if you wish to join by Direct Debit, you can download the application form and direct debit form below and send them by post to BSDHT, 10-12 Albert
Street, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 2RS.
What we offer
Being a member of BSDHT gives you access to a range of benefits as well as support throughout your career. The BSDHT continually aims to improve the benefits
provided to members – the most recent addition being 'BSDHT Indemnity' - a unique
indemnity policy specially created for Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists.
- Dental Health - BSDHT's respected scientific journal - six times per year. Articles on everything from oral hygiene habits to legal
and ethical issues as well as news, diary dates and members' letters. Each issue of Dental Health provides two hours of general CPD and one hour
of verifiable CPD.
- The Annual Clinical Journal of Dental Health provides an opportunity to showcase clinical research undertaken primarily
by dental hygienists and therapists.
- DH Contact Online - regularly updated relevant news online for members only.
- Specially prepared guidance sheets covering a wide range of topics including guidance at job interviews, CPD and
recommended pay guidelines.
- BSDHT Indemnity - an exclusive offer for our members and can be purchased separately at any point in the year. This bespoke policy
has been designed by the BSDHT and Howden, a Chartered Insurance broker with a specialist Care and Medical team.
- £100k worth of legal fees insurance available in an employment/self employment dispute.
- Preferential rates at the BSDHT Annual Oral Health Conference and Exhibition.
Two days of expert speakers, an exhibition, networking and socialising.
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development and meeting others in similar situations as you at regional
and national events with certificates of attendance.
- Tax relief on your annual subscription and conference - simply contact your local Inland Revenue office to make your claim if you
are employed. If you are self employed, ensure your accountant includes your subscription on your tax return. If you are employed, contact your
local HM Revenue and Customs office to make your claim. Self employed members should include their subscription on their Self Assessment tax return.
- A free Legal helpline available 24/7 and provided by a professional organisation contracted to the BSDHT for all legal matters (details available in Guidance Notes section of website - member log in required).
- Information and advice by email or telephone during normal office hours. If we can't help we will most certainly be able to point
you in the right direction for assistance. Please note that we allow up to 7-10 days should your clinical enquiry need to go to the Executive
Team for answering.
- A regularly updated Website with news, events and information, which includes a dedicated area accessible only by members.
- Advertising your place of work free of charge to the general public on BSDHT website.
- Influence - BSDHT influences change, by dialogue with the leading organisations within dentistry.
- Being part of the largest body of our profession in the UK.
- BSDHT Membership is non-refundable.
- If you subsequently take out BSDHT Indemnity, you MUST be a current member of BSDHT and remain a member for the duration of the policy. This is
an explicit condition of the Indemnity Policy.