Joining the BSDHT community
The British Society of Dental Hygiene & Therapy welcomes members who are dental hygienists, dental hygienist-therapists and students.
BSDHT is a major organisation within dentistry that exists to represent your interests. For example, representatives of the BSDHT maintain an ongoing dialogue with the General Dental Council (GDC), the Departments of Health and all the main groups representing dental care professionals. BSDHT attends meetings of the dental All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG), bringing dental hygiene and therapy to the attention of government ministers and MPs.
What we offer
Being a member of BSDHT gives you access to a range of benefits as well as support throughout your career.
- Dental Health - BSDHT's respected scientific journal - six times per year. Articles on everything from oral hygiene habits to legal and ethical issues as well as news, diary dates and members' letters. Each issue of Dental Health provides two hours of general CPD and one hour of verifiable CPD.
- DH Contact - a newsletter, published in the intervening months, for members only. Each issue of DH Contact provides 0.5 hours of general CPD.
- Specially prepared advice sheets covering a wide range of topics including guidance at job interviews, CPD and recommended pay guidelines.
- £100k worth of legal fees insurance available in an employment dispute.
- Preferrential rates at the BSDHT Annual Oral Health Conference and Exhibition. Two days of expert speakers, an exhibition, networking and socialising.
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development at regional and national events with certificates of attendance.
- Tax relief on your annual subscription - simply contact your local Inland Revenue office to make your claim if you are employed. If you are self employed, ensure your accountant includes your subscription on your tax return. If you are employed, contact your local HM Revenue and Customs office to make your claim. Self employed members should include their subscription on their Self Assesment tax return. If you are a basic tax payer the relief is £18.00 and £36.00 if you are higher rate taxpayer.
- A free Legal helpline available 24/7 and provided by a professional organisation contracted to the BSDHT. Click here
- Information and advice by email or telephone during normal office hours. If we can't help we will most certainly be able to point you in the right direction for assistance.
- A regularly updated Website with news, events and information, which includes a dedicated area accessible only by members.
- Influence - BSDHT influences change, by dialogue with the leading organisations within dentistry.
© Copyright 2015 BSDHT | Site Map | Contact Us | Privacy & Cookies Policy
BSDHT is a company limited by guarantee and is registered in England and Wales.
Registration number: 4337774.
Registered office: 64 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8YS. VAT registration number: 616/3692/33.