The British Society of Dental Hygiene & Therapist members who are dental hygienists, dental therapists and students.
What we offer
Being a member of BSDHT gives you access to a range of benefits as well as support throughout your career. The BSDHT continually aims to improve the benefits provided to members
1. Dental Health – BSDHT’s respected scientific journal – six times per year. Articles on everything from oral hygiene habits to legal and ethical issues as well as news, diary dates and members’ letters. Each issue provides eCPD.
2. The Annual Clinical Journal of Dental Health provides an opportunity to showcase clinical research undertaken primarily by dental hygienists and therapists.
3. DH Contact Online News – regularly updated relevant news online for members only.
4. Specially prepared guidance sheets covering a wide range of topics including guidance at job interviews, CPD and recommended pay guidelines.
5. Professional Indemnity – an exclusive offer for our members and can be purchased separately at any point in the year. This bespoke policy has been designed by the BSDHT and AllMedPro. More information can be found here
6. £50k worth of legal fees insurance available in an employment/self employment dispute. Please note that this is subject to legal advice and whether progressing a claim is commercially viable under the insurance policy. This decision will be made by the legal firm/underwriter.
7. Preferential rates at the BSDHT Annual Oral Health Conference and Exhibition. Two days of expert speakers, an exhibition, networking and socialising.
8. Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development and meeting others in similar situations as you at regional and national events with certificates of attendance.
9. Tax relief on your annual subscription and conference – simply contact your local Inland Revenue office to make your claim if you are employed. If you are self employed, ensure your accountant includes your subscription on your tax return. If you are employed, contact your local HM Revenue and Customs office to make your claim. Self employed members should include their subscription on their Self Assessment tax return.
10. A free Legal helpline available to members and provided by a professional organisation contracted to the BSDHT
11. Information and advice by email or telephone during normal office hours. If we can’t help we will most certainly be able to point you in the right direction for assistance. Please note that we allow up to 7-10 days should your clinical enquiry need to go to the Executive Team for answering.
12. A regularly updated Website with news, events and information, which includes a dedicated area accessible only by members.
13. Influence – BSDHT influences change, by dialogue with the leading organisations within dentistry.
14. Being part of the largest body of our profession in the UK.
- BSDHT Membership is non-refundable.
BSDHT is a major organisation within dentistry that exists to represent your interests. For example, representatives of the BSDHT maintain an ongoing dialogue with the General Dental Council (GDC), the Departments of Health and all the main groups representing dental care professionals. BSDHT attends meetings of the dental All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG), bringing dental hygiene and therapy to the attention of government ministers and MPs.
Specialist Independent Financial Advice and Insurance Services
The BSDHT has teamed up with specialist Independent Financial Advisers, Lloyd & Whyte, to provide financial planning services to members.
As a largely self-employed profession, dental hygienists and therapists are more financially vulnerable than most. With no sick pay or pension provision provided by an employer, the onus is on you to ensure you and your family are protected and provided for.
Did you know that you can get a quote online here: https://www.lloydwhyte.com/hygienists/quote-zone/
How can Lloyd & Whyte help you?
- Income Protection: Protect you and your family
- Pension / Retirement Planning: A future to look forward to
- Financial Planning: Advice on your wider financial aspirations
- Home Insurance
- Mortgage Advice
- BSDHT Member Offer
Contact Lloyd & Whyte
Lloyd & Whyte Ltd and Lloyd & Whyte (Financial Services) Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Calls may be recorded for use in quality management, training and customer support.
For articles and tips, go to: https://www.lloydwhyte.com/advice-zone/
All Med Pro is delighted to provide members of the British Society of Dental Hygiene and Therapy with a specialist Legal Expenses Insurance policy that covers you in the event you need advice or legal representation for contract dispute issues and/or employment dispute matters.
Often, dental care professionals can find themselves in a position where they require specialist legal support and it can be a daunting process not knowing where to turn for good advice. Under our scheme, which is exclusive to BSDHT members, you will have access to a reputable dental law firm that has a track record of protecting dental care professionals interests when it really matters.
Legal costs are covered up to £50,000 for both contract disputes and employment dispute cases which require access to a lawyer.