Coming to work in the UK with an EU or overseas qualification in dental hygiene

By law a Dental Hygienist / Dental Therapist must be registered with the General Dental Council (GDC) to practise in the United Kingdom.

Please contact the General Dental Council for help and advice on how to register, to enable you to work in the UK – / telephone: 0207 887 3800.

Advice sheet for overseas qualified DCPs.pdf

Links to GDC: 

  1. Overseas Registration Exam
  2. Route to Registration

For information on Dental Hygienist Adaptation Module at University of Essex Click Here